Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Overhead Sketches

Our introductory assignment for interpretive illustration this year is to overhear a segment (three-four lines) of exchanged conversation between two strangers and interpret that into a picture. It's fun, but very difficult. Too many people know how to use appropriate indoor voices and it's easy to mishear what they say. I thought these two through a lot but I'm gunna try to develop one more image for both of these conversation pieces. Edit: after uploading these I looked at the digital copy of the first picture and added glasses to the ape-teacher.

"I'm not stupid, y'know?"
"My teacher wrote to me."
"He abused his wife."

"A little fucked up."
"But then!"
"A plate of nachos."

No comments:

 
All content unless otherwise noted is copyright Arwen Savage. Please do not alter, re-use or redistribute.